- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, divided
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, divided
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- VANILLA GLAZE(recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13×9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in 3/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat in eggs and 1/4 teaspoon mint extract; spread mixture into pan.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter with chocolate chips in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon mint extract. Pour over baked layer. Let stand 20 minutes or until slightly set. Drizzle VANILLA GLAZE over top. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Cut into bars. About 24 bars.
VANILLA GLAZE: Stir together 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 5 teaspoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. About 1/3 cup glaze.